League and Conference
The Galt Gators are in the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SWIM LEAGUE, which is now made up of 26 teams in five conferences: Comstock, Gold Rush, Eureka, Mother Lode, and Nugget. The Galt Gators are in the EUREKA CONFERENCE for the 2017 season. Eureka Conference: Galt Gators, Sunrise Sharks, Dixon Dolphins, Laguna Creek Gators and Fulton El Camino Stingrays.
•June 15 date determines each swimmer’s age group for the entire season. A swimmer who has reached their 19th birthday on or before June 15 is not eligible.
• Every swimmer must swim a minimum of two events in two league meets to qualify for the championships.
• No swimmer is allowed to compete or practice with any U.S.S. registered team from February 1st to the end of championships.
• 6 years old & under must be able to swim 25 yards on their stomachs, unassisted, and be comfortable in the water on their backs. Stopping or resting on the lane rope or the sides of the pool may be allowed; however, no advancement with the lane rope or pool edge is allowed.
• 7 & 8 years old must be able to swim 25 yards on their stomachs and on their backs, unassisted, without hanging on the lane ropes or touching the sides of the pool.
• 9 -18 year olds must be able to swim 50 yards on their stomachs and on their backs, unassisted, without touching the lane ropes or touching the sides of the pool.
The Galt Gators program emphasizes improvement of strokes previously learned. Swim lessons are highly recommended for all ability levels. Swimmers should be comfortable swimming on their stomachs with their face in the water and comfortable swimming and/or floating on their backs. The above mentioned abilities are the basics that the coach expects of all swimmers before joining the team. These abilities allow for ease in teaching techniques that are valuable to the swimmer’s progress of learning new and/or improved strokes.